New Book - Coming November 2010

New Book - Coming November 2010
Help! My 401(k) Has Fallen - And Must Get Up!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Diary of a Wimpy 401(k) - Editing

Today I spent some time on editing. I had sent out my book to several people and have gotten some good feedback on it.

If you ever write a book, I would absolutely recommend having others take a look and do editing for you. It's almost impossible to do it yourself. I know I probably still missed and have a typo somewhere. Some of the editing also involved changing wording to make it clearer.

One thing that did make me feel a bit better - I was reading "The Christmas Sweater" by Glenn Beck ("Wimpy", I know.) recently and noticed a typo in it. I'm not going to say what or where - you can find it on your own. But its nice to know that others slip up too.

The hardest part was putting together an index. I had done one a few weeks ago and put page numbers on everything. Now with my edits, it changed the page numbers. (As Homer Simpson would say - "D'OH!")
A book like "Help! My 401(k) Has Fallen - And Must Get Up!" definitely needs a good index and also a guide for resources and websites. This book uses several resources for 401(k)s as well as financial authors.

I also had a chance to speak with Pentavision once more. I'm very excited about doing the video for it - even if I can't get Bruce Willis to star. It should be about 30-40 sec and will go up on You Tube when its done. To save on costs, I am trying to locate images myself and send them to be added in.

Also, the domain name is http://www.my401khasfallen.com/ .You can try to go there, but the site isn't ready yet. Once the cover and video are done and also some other details, I'll get it up & running.

In the mean time you can still contact me at http://www.helpmy401k.us/ . Pick up your free report on my website – “The 5 Biggest Problems With 401(k) Plans – And How to Fix Them”.


You may also contact me on Linked In or Twitter . I also host a weekly financial advice program, Improving Your Financial Health on Blog Talk Radio and WHME-FM.

No comments:

Post a Comment